Thursday, February 20, 2014

TED Talk Rough Thesis/Outline

For my TED talk, I'm going to speak about gymnastics.  I'm going to talk about how the experiences and skills that I have learned in gymnastics have helped me prepare for the future and how it has shaped the person I am today.  My thesis will be something like, "Throughout all of the 14 years that I have been in gymnastics, through the good days and the rough days, this sport has shaped the person I am today".
My TED talk is going to be a narrative based around my own experiences in the sport.  Since it's going to be a narrative, I don't think that I will be using much research although I might research and find other girls who have been in gymnastics and who have similarities to me with the many experiences that I have had.
One of the main reasons why I want to talk about how it has shaped me as a person is because I used to be super shy.  I may still be shy but not as shy as I used to be.  When I first started in gymnastics, I would cry everyday when I would have to go to gymnastics practice.  I think that gymnastics has made me more outgoing because I have grown up with all of my teammates and we are all comfortable with each other.  I think being on the same team with the same girls for most of my life has made me more talkative because I know that I can be myself around them and this has caused me to talk more at school also.
Gymnastics has also caused me to be more confident in life.  I have became more confident through gymnastics because at a competition, you have to go out there and perform in front of many people and you have to be confident in yourself in order to perform up to your standards. 
This could also be a cause and effect speech too, since being in gymnastics has caused me to be more talkative, more confident, etc.  In my conclusion, I will tie in all of my examples of how gymnastics has shaped me and show that it has shaped the person I am today for the better and has made me more of an outgoing, optimistic person.

No comments:

Post a Comment