Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Research Paper Idea

For my research paper, I was thinking about writing it on breast cancer.  I think I would do a cause and effect type of essay in order to state and explain different effects that are caused by developing breast cancer.  It would also be partly narrative because my grandma used to have breast cancer and I know a few others who have or have had it.  I don't really know what questions I would ask or how I would answer them.  I was thinking that I could maybe ask the question of "In what ways does breast cancer affect all aspect's of the patients life along with the lives of family members who are supporting them?".  I could then answer the question by explaining different effects that are caused by breast cancer, such as physical, emotional, and social effects.  This would then lead into the conclusion in which I would answer it more thoroughly by connecting all of the body paragraphs together.  To answer the question, I could go on to say how these effects cause other things.  I could talk about how it causes a chain reaction to the point in which it eventually effects almost everything in the patient and the family's lives.  This was just a thought that I had and if you have any other ideas about possible questions that I could use, just let me know!  

1 comment:

  1. I really like your chain reaction idea! I think it will really help your paper flow. I like your question too! Maybe you could add in how an individual with cancer affects the community too because I know sometimes people reach out to their community for support in many ways or without even being asked, the community comes together to support them. This will also help in adding length to your paper if you find it being too short. I really like your cause and effect idea, it will bring the chain reaction together making your paper read smoothly. Maybe with your cause and effect idea you could compare how different ages cope with having a loved one diagnosed with cancer. I really like your conclusion ideas also, maybe part of it could be talking about all the positive things that came from such a sad and scary time. You could tie that into how different attitudes and means of coping helped in staying optimistic and positive throughout the experience.

    ReplyDelete